Top 10 Best Books for SSC CGL Preparation 2020: Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organize the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam all over India for the enrolment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in numerous type of Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. The SSC CGL exam is a graduate-level exam and the difficulty scales from easy to moderate and sometime little tough pattern. Before going through the list of top 10 Best SSC CGL books for SSC CGL exam, the interested applicants must know about the syllabus and SSC CGL Exam pattern which is asked in the CGL Exam 2019-20. Along with the best books for SSC CGL exam, candidates can also refer to NCERT class 10 based Math & English books for basics.
SSC CGL Books 2019-20 – Highlight
- Organization – Staff Selection Commission
- Examination Name – Combined Graduate Level Examination
- Exam Mode – Online
- Exam Date – 2nd March to 11th March 2020
- Stages – Four
- Job Location – Pan India
- Category – SSC CGL Books
- Official Website – ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL 2010-20 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL is a computer-based online exam contains 100 questions that holds total of 200 marks which the candidate have to complete in 60 minutes. Along with this, there is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25 Questions that hold 50 Marks.
- General Awareness – 25 Questions that hold 50 Marks.
- Quantitative Aptitude – 25 Questions that hold 50 Marks.
- English Language – 25 Questions that hold 50 Marks.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Selection Process
a) Tier -I: – Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Online Test)
b) Tier -II: – Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Online Test)
c) Tier -III: – Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode – Offline Test)
d) Tier -IV: – Data Entry Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test followed by Document Verification of the selected candidates.
In the following post, you will get the list of best SSC CGL Books that are recommended for SSC CGL preparations 2019-2020.
SSC CGL Best Books For English –
1. Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi: This book contains several important concepts that will help you in your preparation for the grammar-related questions for English Language section in a constructive manner, so read all the content carefully.
2. High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin: This High School English Grammar & Compositionbook is very useful for the grammar and vocabulary questions sections. All the candidates who are week in English Language try to pay extra especial attention while reading the grammar rules described in this English book written by Wren & Martin.
SSC CGL Best Books For General Awareness –
3. Lucent’s General Knowledge by Dr Binary Karn: This is for sure that Lucent’s General Knowledge written by Dr Binary Karn is one of the best books for the general knowledge section in SSC CGL exam, where each and everything is explained in a simple language and in detailed manner. This book provides all the basic and important information related to the history, geography, economy, science and Indian polity.
Knowledge by Arihant Publications: The SSC CGL exam preparation candidates will
find all the significant statistical data and facts in this General Knowledge book
written by Arihant Publications that are helpful to answer all the asked the
SSC CGL Best Books For Math –
5. SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan: This perticualr book is specially designed and prepared for the Staff Selection Commission examination. This SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics written by Kiran Prakashan provide all the information things about elementary mathematic, so that the candidates can easily solve the mathematical problems asked in the SSC CGL Exam.
6. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma: All the SSC CGL Exam preparing candidates will find numerous easy and important shortcuts and tips in this book. One can also access various SSC CGL Exam practice papers.
7. Quantitative Aptitude by Dr R. S. Aggarwal: This is the best book for Quantitative Aptitude written by Dr R. S. Aggarwal, especially for clarity over the basic concepts and this book provides all kind of shortcuts to solve the questions in less than a minute.
SSC CGL Best Books For Reasoning –
8. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. R. S. Aggarwal: This is the best book written by Dr. R. S. Aggarwal for the reasoning section in the SSC SGL Exam. It clearly explains all the reasoning concepts and provides hundreds of important practice questions.
9. Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey: This analytical reasoning book provides a lot of important practice questions for the SSC CGS preparation properly based on the non-verbal reasoning section besides concepts.
10. Logical and Analytical Reasoning
by A.K. Gupta:
This logical and analytical reasoning book contains a lot of important practice
questions. The candidates while preparing for the SSC CGL exam will find this
is easy to understand as it individually solves each and every question in the
Note: – All the
interested candidates for the SSC CGL Exam 2019-20 can also refer to NCERT
class 10 Math & English books for respective sections. ALL THE BEST for SSC CGL EXAM 2019-20….!!!