If you are questing for government jobs after completing your CA, then there is great scope for government job for CA, in India. Here CA refers to the Chartered Accountant. Basically, a CA is any person that has specialization and skills as well as required knowledge in the area of accountancy, finance, audit and management. After completing there are various in private plus there are government jobs for charted accountant. After completion of their 10+2, the academic course for Chartered Accountant can be pursued by candidates. The procedure for screening of candidates for CA begins with a basic foundation program. This is meant to test the basic knowledge of the candidates in statistics, accountancy, English and economics. Once, the candidates complete the foundation course, they are required to work under the guidance of a practicing CA as an intern in order to enhance their knowledge pertaining to the fields of taxation and law along with the awareness regarding costing, as well as accountancy. Once this level is accomplished, there is a final level, in which the candidates gain superior knowledge in the required subjects. Once this final level is successfully completed by the candidates, they can begin their professional practice as a Chartered Accountant. An after becoming CA the candidate can apply for the chartered accountant govt jobs.
Looking for a Government Job for CA in India? Here are all the details you need to know
The work of Chartered Accountant is beyond this, that may include inspection of the accounts, representation of specific organizations in cases, appealing in courts, across various tribunals, on behalf of the organization that they work for. They might head the department of finance or get work as officials that are responsible for carrying out independent audit for varied organizations and institutions. A qualified Chartered Accountant might perform any of the said tasks, including Accounting, Cost Accountancy, Work as Executers and Trustees, Taxation, Directorship, Auditing, special work in various companies, secretarial work in the companies, shared valuation work as well investigation.
Is chartered accountant a government job?
They are responsible for providing financial advice, auditing of accounts and providing useful information regarding financial records. Based on their experience and expertise, CAs can also be provide use across areas like financial reporting, auditing, taxation, corporate finance, forensic accounting, business recovery & insolvency as well as accounting systems & processes.
Now coming to your question, yes, just like private firms, government organizations also require the expertise of Chartered Accountants in their businesses. As a result, you can find many openings for Chartered Accountants in both financial and non-financial sectors.
Government Job India for CA
How can a CA get a government job?
Government Job (India) for CA is available in various banks across the country and in government owned financial institutions.
- Chartered Accountant in Public Sector Banks and RRB
- Treasury Manager in RRB (Regional Rural Banks)
- Scale – III Specialist Officers in banks
- Chief Manager (finance and accounts)
- Assistant Administrative Officer (CA)
The Chartered Accountant is one of the best professions in India. The one, who had completed the CA course, can get a well-paid job. The Charted Accountant is a base of the financial economy that makes the organization stronger and stable. Every other firm or organization requires CA or CS professionals to achieve progress from a financial aspect. The Chartered Accountant can apply in various government organizations such as:
All the banking or corporate sector has the various requirement for the chartered accountant. And, the Chartered Accountant can apply for the various posts of every type of banking sectors like semi-government, state bank of government and central government bank. Banks like PNB, SBI, RBI, and Even World bank also provides opportunity for Indian Chartered Accountants.
After you Pass CA you can get into Banking Sector by writing Banking Examinations i.e., IBPS exams or SBI Exams (Only to get into State Bank Group) and based upon the marks you obtain.
1. As, a Financial Analyst
2. Loans & Advances Head / Loan syndication
3. Branch Manager
4. Treasury / Credit Management
5. International Banking / Risk Management
6. You can even join Audit Departments like Concurrent Audit or Stat Audit.
7. Inspection Wings
You will retire as an AGM, Zonal Head of the City or even higher based on your performance.
NRHM (National Rural Health Mission)
NRHM- National Rural Health Mission was launched on 12th April 2005, by Hon’ble Prime Minister. NRHM aims to provide accessible, affordable and quality health care to the rural population, especially the vulnerable groups. The Union Cabinet vide its decision dated 1st May 2013, has approved the launch of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) as a Sub-mission of an over-arching National Health Mission (NHM), with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) being the other Sub-mission of National Health Mission. The CA professional can also apply in the national rural health mission, which is a part of the Health Department of Rajasthan. There are various vacancies for the Chartered Accountant in NRHM. When it comes to the selection process of NRHM, the candidates have to take up a written exam / Interview. The type of questions that are asked in the technical interview round differs from one position to another.
GAIL (India) Limited
Gail (India) Limited (GAIL) (formerly known as Gas Authority of India Limited) is the largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution company in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi. It has the following business segments: natural gas, liquid hydrocarbon, liquefied petroleum gas transmission, petrochemical, city gas distribution, exploration and production, GAILTEL and electricity generation. The GAIL is one the best organization that has various posts for the chartered accountant.
Metro Rail Corporation LTD
The Metro Rail Corporation of India is the biggest organization of Indian. The organization has also offered various posts to the chartered accountant. Every year central and state level Metro Rail Corporation LTD released recruitment notifications related to the various posts for CA, in which the chartered accountant can also apply to the related post as per his/her qualification.
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
UPSC is India’s central agency conducting recruitment to various ministerial department services and posts under the Union through conduct of competitive examinations and the Recruitment to services posts under the Central Government by Selection through Interview.
The UPSC agency authorized to conduct various competitive exams for appointment of Civil Service Posts of the Union. The UPSC conducting exams such as Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination, Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination, Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA), Indian Economic Service (IES) / Indian Statistical Service Examination (ISS), Combined Geoscientists & Geologists Examination, and Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) Examination.
There is a good scope for the chartered accountant in the Union Public Service Commission of India. The candidate will be selected on the basis of the test and Personal Interview.
LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India)
LIC or Life Insurance Corporation of India is a government organization for providing comprehensive life insurance policies. When it comes to LIC, do not consider only the insurance agent, as a job prospect. There are several other job vacancies in LIC that appear every year. When it comes to administrative department, the freshers are usually recruited as assistant administrative officer. The education requirement would differ from department to department. For instance, CA candidates and post graduate finance students would be taken for the finance department whereas management students in Human resource field would be taken for HR department and so on. The candidates have to apply for LIC jobs through the official site.
The CA qualified candidate can also apply in the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Educational qualification requirement
- Scale – II
- Chartered Accountant (PSB/ RRB) – Passed the final examination for CA
- Treasury Manager (RRB) – CA or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in finance
- Scale – III Specialist Officers – Degree in any discipline from a University that is recognized by the government or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Inclination will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Veterinary Science, Finance, Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Agricultural Engineering, Economics and Accountancy, Horticulture, Management, Forestry, Marketing, Animal Husbandry, Pisciculture, Information Technology, Law.
Selection is done on basis of online tests and personal interviews of screened candidates. It is advised to keep you well prepared due to the rising competition.
Chartered Accountant Salary (India)
Government job for CA (for example in a bank)
- The pay scale depends on the position. It is different for the Scale-II and Scale-III Officers.
Scope of a career as a Chartered Accountant in India
There is a lot that a person can choose to do as a Chartered Accountant.
- You may decide to put up an independent setup and build clientele as you go.
- You might apply for a full time job in an existing firm of chartered Accountants.
- You may offer your services in the arena of capital market.
- A person qualified as a CA may take up a government job (as stated earlier), a public sector job or a private job.
- A Chartered Accountant is definitely not only about the crunching and Excel sheets. One might hold an important decision making position and lead to profit enhancement in various firms.
- As you get the benefit of working at your own convenience, you may simply want to work independently, at your own pace and control flow of sources. Besides, it is a career that allows breaks without must damage caused.
- Public Limited Companies (obligatory for the purpose of law)
- Banks (Both the private and public sector banks hire Chartered Accountants.)
- Finance Companies, Investment Houses, Portfolio Management Companies, Mutual Funds, Stock Broking Firms
- Legal firms, Patent Firms, , Trade Mark and Copyright Registers, attorneys, Legal houses
- Auditing Firms (such as KPMG, etc.)
What should I do after CA?
To get a better career or to get into different area like company law or costing, you are required to get some additional courses to prove your specialization. Additional course will have a benefit to prove that you can get into other areas apart from accounting and taxation. So, let’s have a look what are these courses which you can pursue after becoming a Chartered Accountant –
ICAI also offers many excellent post qualification certification courses for CAs:-
· DISA (Diploma in Information System Audit)
· CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
· CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
· CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
· ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
Other post CA qualification courses:
- Information Systems Audit (ISA)
- CPE Course on Computer Accounting and Auditing Techniques (CAAT)
- Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM)
- Management Accountancy Course (MAC)/ Corporate Management Course (CMC)/ Tax Management Course (TMC)
- International Trade Laws & World Trade Organisation (ITL & WTO)
- ERP Courses on SAP FA & MA Module, Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Certificate Courses for Members
- Certificate Course on Cooperatives
- Certificate Course on Not-for-Porfit Organizations (NPOs)
- Certificate Course on Indirect Taxes
- Certificate Course on Enterprise Risk Management
- Certificate Course on Concurrent Audit of Banks
- Certificate Course on Internal Audit
- Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance
- Certificate Course on International Taxation
- Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection
- Certificate Course on International Financial Reporting Standards
- Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management
- Certificate Course on Derivatives
- Certificate Course on Valuation
- Certificate Course on Arbitration
All the above courses are very good and it will depend on which area you are interested.
Apart from the post CA qualification courses offered by ICAI, you may definitely go for courses like MBA Finance after some years of work experience. MBA Finance + CA is a fantastic combination career, which is most demanded by the companies.
There are a lot number of courses to select guys but the first thing you should do is not selecting the courses but find what the interest within you is and then proceed. Here are the following combinations of other courses that will boost your career after completing CA:-
1. CA+FRM or CFA- This can get you into Investment banking, portfolio investment & the fields that deal with capital markets.
2. CA+ MBA (from top universities) – helps u in setting up your own business and gain some crucial positions in MNCs. Please don’t do MBA which have no value
3. CA+CS- help you in setting up your practice and deal with some diverse cases.
4. CA+ CMA – much related to valuations.
5. CA+CPA – If you have a desire to settle in U.S.
Findjobalert.in is the ideal place to hunt for government job for CA in India. For latest updates, stay connected and click the allow button to get the regular notification regarding the latest government jobs.